North American SDS
Water-Based Cement Adhesive
3M Fastbond Contact Adhesive offers high immediate bond strength and a long bonding range. It is non-flammable in the wet state and also provides great heat resistance. It bonds most foamed plastics, plastic laminate, wood, plywood, wood veneer, and canvas to themselves and to each other.
- High immediate bond strength
- Long bonding range
- Non-flammable when in the wet state
- Meets MIL-A-24179A, Type I, GREENGUARD® Certified
- Spray, brush or roller coat
Intended for bonding, adhering, gluing, joining and attaching.
- Motors on fiberglass transoms
- Under moldings
- Hull seams above and below water line
- Deck housing
Certified to GREENGUARD® Product Emission Standard for Children and Schools for low-emitting interior building materials:
- Addresses or Contributes to LEED® EQ Credit 4.1: Low-Emitting Materials: Adhesives and Sealants
- Addresses or Contributes to LEED® EQ Credit 4.3: Low-Emitting Materials: Flooring Materials
- Addresses or Contributes to LEED® EQ Credit 4.4: Low-Emitting Materials: Composite Wood and Agrifiber Products
- Addresses or Contributes to LEED® EQ Credit 4.5: Low-Emitting Materials: Furniture and Furnishings
- Addresses or Contributes to LEED® EQ Credit 4.6: Low-Emitting Materials: Ceiling and Wall Systems
Tested and approved for use by the Woodwork Institute of California under the provisions of ANSI/HPMA HP 1983 for Type II adhesive and the heat resistance test set forth in its Manual of Millwork.
Recognized under the Component Program Underwriter's Laboratories, Inc. Component Recognition Program Guide GSRJ2, File R14485, Door Construction Materials. For use with swinging type fire doors of the hollow metal and steel composite types rated up to and including 3 hours.