Technical data sheet
Helmibond #0847 is a fast-setting polyvinyl acetate (PVA) emulsion adhesive that dries to a tough, durable, shock-resistant bond. Glue lines are practically colorless when dry, giving a professional finish and making this adhesive ideal for the highest quality woodwork. Helmibond #0847 has been formulated to resist the staining of woods high in tannic acid. Set speed depends on the temperature, humidity and moisture content of the wood.
Under ideal conditions, setting times as low as 30 minutes can be obtained. When fully cured at normal room temperature with a wood moisture content of 6-10%, Helmibond #0847 will exhibit shear strengths of approximately 21,000 kPa (3,000 psi).
This adhesive may be applied by hand brush, roller or squeeze bottle.
Excellent machinability makes this adhesive ideal for use with a mechanical spreader, spraying or pressurized flow gun systems.
Measures shown with an asterisk (*) have been converted as per your preference. These are not the official measures. To view the measures specified by the manufacturer, click here.
- Fast setting
- Ready to use; no mixing needed
- Good shelf life
- No fillers for tight, invisible glue lines
- High solids content reduces/eliminates sunken glue lines
Also suggested for use with most porous materials, including paper, cardboard, leather, fabrics, etc.
- Edge gluing of solid wood furniture and cabinet panel components
- Face gluing of post and beam components
- Solid wood furniture assembly
- Dowel insertion
- Dovetail joints
- Hot/cold press applications
Meets or exceeds:
* LEED Indoor Environmental Quality Credit 4.4; Low Emitting Materials: Composite Wood and Laminate Adhesives.
* No added urea-formaldehyde.
* LEED Indoor Environmental Quality Credit 4.1; Low Emitting Materials: Adhesives and Sealants.
* VOC content less than limits imposed by the State of California's South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule #1168. (80g/L, less water and exempt solvents).
Be careful to avoid contamination by iron (rust) from any source, such as containers, tools or application equipment, as such contamination will lead to dark glue lines.
This product may not be compatible with fire retardant board.