North American SDS
Alex PLUS Acrylic Latex Caulk with Silicone
DAP® ALEX PLUS® Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone is an excellent quality, all-purpose caulk for sealing a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces. It contains silicone additives for greater flexibility and adhesion and shrinks less for a durable, waterproof seal. ALEX PLUS® is paintable in just 30 minutes with latex or oil-based paints, saving time.
Measures shown with an asterisk (*) have been converted as per your preference. These are not the official measures. To view the measures specified by the manufacturer, click here.
- Strong multi-surface adhesion
- Paint in 30 minutes
- Won't shine through or discolor paint
- Shrinks less for a durable seal*
- Resists cracking and chalking
- 100% waterproof seal
- Easy water cleanup
- Low odor
- Cured caulk is mold and mildew resistant
- Exceeds ASTM C834 specification
- Low VOC
- Interior/exterior use
- Window frames
- Door frames
- Corner joints
- Other gaps and cracks, especially prior to painting
Adheres to the following materials:
- Painted and unpainted wood
- Most metals
- Most plastics
- Fiber cement
- Most common building materials
- Do not apply when rain or freezing temperatures are forecasted within 24 hours
- Cooler temperatures and higher humidity will slow down dry time
- Not for continuous underwater use, filling butt joints, surface defects, tuck-pointing, or expansion joints.
- Joint size should not exceed 1/2 in (13 mm) wide x 1/2 in (13 mm) deep. If joint depth exceeds 1/2 in (13 mm), use backer rod material
- Store caulk away from extreme heat or cold.