Pre-Glued Wood Dowel
|Product №||Diameter||Length - Overall Dimensions||Units per Box or Bag||Packaging format|
|851630T||5/16 in||1 3/16 in*||8000 Units per Case||Thousand|
|851635T||5/16 in||1 3/8 in*||8000 Units per Case||Thousand|
|MP883020T||5/16 in*||1 3/16 in*||1000 Units per Bag||Bag of 1000 units|
|883020T||5/16 in*||1 3/16 in*||8000 Units per Case||Thousand|
|MP883520T||5/16 in*||1 3/8 in*||1000 Units per Bag||Bag of 1000 units|
|883520T||5/16 in*||1 3/8 in*||8000 Units per Case||Thousand|
|88130T||5/16 in*||1 3/16 in*||8000 Units per Case||Thousand|
|823020||5/16 in*||1 3/16 in*||20 000 Units per Case||Thousand|
Simply replace your glue with water.
Pre-glued wooden dowel pins provide quick and easy joining without additional glue.
Measures shown with an asterisk (*) have been converted as per your preference. These are not the official measures. To view the measures specified by the manufacturer, click here.
-Significant savings and increased production are created by the elimination of production stoppages for routine maintenance on dowel insertion equipment caused by the glue buildup.
-Dry joints caused by injection misfires due to clogged glue lines are eliminated.
-Water runs consistently through glue lines.
-Cleanup time on your product during and after assembly due to glue mess and squeeze out is eliminated.
Glue may be used in conjunction with the Pre-Glued Dowel Pin. This is typically done when gluing side panels or with short depth applications.
Pre-glued dowel pins are coated with a Type-III re-moisturizing PVA wood glue that is water activated.
Type-III (not water-resistant) PVA glue consists of as much as 50% water and cures as the water evaporates. Glued surfaces must be clamped together until they reach 15% to 20% of their bond strength, generally in about an hour. It can take as long as 24 hours, however, to reach full strength.
1. Clean and drain all glue from your glue system and insert nozzle. (It is recommended that you clean lines with hot water to thoroughly flush out all glue).
2. Replace glue with water and lower pot pressure to between 10-20 psi to compensate for water viscosity.
3. Fill hopper with pre-glued dowel pins and begin.
The most common water application methods are: a spray mist bottle, a standard squeeze bottle and a pressure pot system.
1. Spray mist bottle: adjust the nozzle to a fine mist. Spray once or twice directly into the hole and
then insert the dowel.
2. Standard squeeze bottle: fill hole approximately 1/3 with water and then insert the dowel.
3. Pressure pot system: lower the pot pressure to between 10-20 psi and adjust the gun nozzle to a short open time. Fill hole approximately 1/3 with water and then insert the dowel.