Decorative Rail Systems
Contemporary - Decorative Concealed Rail System
Interior Barn Door
The Contemporary is a concealed wall mount sliding door kit for one wood door running on a box track with clip-on aluminum fascia for a single wood door weighing up to 88 lb (40 kg).
- Kit format includes hardware set for one door, track, and clip-on fascia 78 in (2 m) long
- Silver anodized
- Two-part floor guide that does not require a groove
- Includes two soft-close mechanisms
The Contemporary is an ideal solution for residential applications.
- Ball bearings for easy movement.
- Mounting rail pre-drilled every 450 mm (17-23/32") for wall installation.
- Rail can be cut using proper tools (e.g. miter saw with blade for nonferrous metals). It's important to note that each end must be cut in equal parts to maintain the layout of the drilled rail.
- 1 two-meter (6' 6") ball bearing rail
- 1 two-meter (6' 6") finishing band
- 2 end caps
- 2 carriages with 4 wheels and mounting plate
- 2 soft-close mechanisms
- 1 guide
It is recommended to use a solid or glass door in order to obtain the minimum weight to reduce noise resonance. Use a wider door opening to avoid angled views and preserve privacy. It is recommended to use a door 863 mm (34") wide for an opening of 762 mm (30"). The bottom of the door requires a groove for the concealed guiding system.
Remove the frame moldings or install a piece of wood (not included) of the same thickness and length before setting the new hardware in place to ensure the release of the door. Always make sure that the product is properly attached or installed using appropriate fixings material. An additional anchor may be required for installation (sold separately).
- Pictures provided for visual reference only: actual product may vary.
- All required hardware should be ordered and obtained prior to initiating fabrication or installation work. Please verify that the parts and quantities listed in your order are correct before proceeding to checkout.
- Always use instructions provided by the manufacturer, as included with the product. Manufacturer reserves the right to amend, modify, or otherwise supplement any previously issued product and/or technical information, as deemed required from time to time, without prior notice.
- The documentation, drawings, and instructions on this page apply to the system described on this page only. Richelieu expressly declines all responsibility for any design or construction that combines this system with systems from this same manufacturer or systems from other manufacturers.
- Installation of the product shall be executed by qualified individuals only, always ensuring that each product is securely installed using proper fixation methods, as appropriate for each applicable substratum. We trust that anyone installing these products has the required skills, knowledge, and experience. Richelieu expressly disclaims any liabilities for results obtained through improper use or installation.
- Always remove debris/dust/residues (sawdust and/or aluminum) from all tracks and guide channels using a dry cloth during installation and before operating the system.
- Never spray lubricant.